£25k - 45k per year
020 7587 5153
8 days ago
Teacher of Economics
The Principal invites enthusiastic and well-qualified Economics graduates to apply for the position of a full time, permanent Economics Teacher starting in September 2019.
The school is an independent co-educational College situated in the heart of London overlooking Westminster and the river Thames. There are around 500 students from 52 different countries and over 250 boarders. Like all colleagues in college, the teacher is responsible for providing a friendly, stimulating and secure environment in which every student has the opportunity to develop academically, socially and personally.
With the guidance of the Subject Leader and Head of Faculty, the Teacher is responsible for the complete and timely delivery of the subject syllabus, using a variety of teaching strategies to engage and challenge all students and meet their needs.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 24th April 2019 at 10am
Interviews: w/c Monday 29th April 2019
Purpose of the post
To work with the Head of Faculty and the Vice Principal Academic in order to ensure that the highest academic, professional and ethical standards are always maintained .
- Qualifications: A good honours degree in an appropriate subject.
- Qualified Teacher Status is desirable but not essential. The College can support Initial Teacher Training.
- Personal effectiveness; good time management, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; good communication, presentation and planning skills.
- Commitment; to on-going professional development and training to develop outstanding classroom practice.
- To be able to engage with and be proficient in the use of technology.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality teaching and learning by supporting initiatives within the Faculty.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – we look forward to receiving your application
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.