£25k - 40k per year
020 7587 5153
3 months ago
A wonderful all-through school situated in Somerset is looking for a Teacher of EAL from September 2019 to cover maternity leave in their preparatory phase.
This teaching position requires a person of high calibre and with experience in addressing the needs of children who require support with English as an additional language and in adapting to a new culture. The candidate will be suitably qualified with a specialist qualification CELTA or equivalent.
The successful candidate will:
- Be suitably qualified with a specialist qualification CELTA or equivalent
- Have experience of teaching Cambridge exams, principally KET, PET, FCE
- Be able to work flexibly with a team of specialist staff across age range 3-13
- Be able to teach small groups effectively across age and ability range
- Be able to show evidence of commitment to own learning development
- Inspire pupils to overcome barriers to learning
- Be able to communicate effectively with parents, colleagues and outside agencies
- Be aware of current legislation and implications
- Have excellent organisational and ICT skills
This post calls for a high level of commitment, considerable energy and ability to make a significant contribution to the lives of children with EAL. It is an exciting opportunity to develop professionally. The successful candidate will be expected to play a full part in the extra-curricular life of the school.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an educator early in their teaching journey or experienced teacher.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 0911 641 for an informal discussion around the post.
We very much look forward to receiving your application.
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.