£26k - 47k per year
020 7587 5153
17 days ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting for a teacher of Computer Science to join a leading independent selective day school in Reading, from September 2020.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an exceptional teacher of Computer Science to join a school which provides excellent CPD, high levels of support for all staff and excellent teaching facilities. Furthermore, this provides the opportunity for a teacher passionate about their subject to teach in an engaging and encouraging environment and be integral to school life.
- This is a full time, permanent position beginning September 2020
- Salary brackets are £27,000.00- £47,000.00
What we're looking for
- A good and relevant degree in Computer Science
- A teaching qualification is advantageous, but not necessary (the school are open to receiving applications from unqualified teachers)
- Experience teaching in the independent sector is also advantageous, but not necessary
- The school are open to both NQTs and experienced teachers
- A passion for Computer Science and great teaching, is a must
About the department
- Information Technology and Computing are the fastest growing, sustainable sectors of the economy.
- We aim to enable our students to capitalise on this growth and to develop a love for IT, Computing and programming.
- The Computing and IT courses we offer give an important insight into the practical applications of
computer skills, with great emphasis placed on practical demonstration of theoretical work done.
- The department is staffed by knowledgeable and experienced teachers and has access to four full time network and software support staff.
- The teaching takes place in four recently refurbished dedicated computer rooms all with digital projectors and docking stations running Windows 10 and RM management software.
- Years 7 and 8 have one double lesson per week (70 mins) where they follow an internally written course with a mixture of IT and Computing content. Year 9 study IT/Computing for half the year to prepare them for GCSE and with this year group we are trialling the Google Applied Digital Skills courses. At GCSE approximately 50 students follow either IGCSE Computer Science or IGCSE Information Technology.
- At A level we offer OCR Computer Science.
- Visits and learning opportunities away from the classroom is an area we are keen to develop. Computing students will visit Bletchley Park and the National Computing Museum as well as the new Centre for Computing in Cambridge. We are very keen as a department to look at interesting and emerging technology.
- We love the raspberry pi and are keen to use the advantages of our location in the Thames
Valley area to establish links with local technology companies. Microsoft corporate headquarters is located close to the School.
- The department encourages professional development and encourages staff to develop their skills via
INSET and through sharing good practice within the school.
The close date for applications is Sunday 9th February 2020 - early applications are highly encouraged.
Please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0207 0911 641 for an informal discussion around the post – we look forward to receiving your application!
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.