£25k - 45k per year
020 7587 5153
4 months ago
This is a remarkable opportunity for a teacher of Business Studies to join a wonderful Further Education college in Central London (this post has an urgent start date, however would be open to applicants able to begin in January 2020).
The school are looking for a permanent appointment, but can offer 2 terms for the right candidate)
Purpose of the post
To work with the Head of Faculty and the Vice Principal Academic in order to ensure that the highest academic, professional and ethical standards are maintained at all times.
- Qualifications: A good honours degree in an appropriate subject relating to business studies.
- Qualified Teacher Status is desirable but not essential. The College can support Initial Teacher Training.
- To have a secure and up to date knowledge and understanding of concepts and skills necessary to teach BTEC Business
- To plan teaching to achieve progression in students’ learning in line with agreed expectations/targets.
- To establish and maintain a purposeful working atmosphere which supports learning.
- To set homework and mark in line with College policies.
- To prepare students for examinations and participate in examination arrangements.
- To carry out the role of form tutor as required
- To exploit opportunities to improve basic literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
- Personal effectiveness; good time management, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines; good communication, presentation and planning skills.
- Commitment; to on-going professional development and training to develop outstanding classroom practice.
- To be able to engage with and be proficient in the use of technology.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality teaching and learning by supporting initiatives within the Faculty.
Like all colleagues in college, the teacher is responsible for providing a friendly, stimulating and secure environment in which every student has the opportunity to develop academically, socially and personally.
With the guidance of the Subject Leader and Head of Faculty, the Teacher is responsible for the complete and timely delivery of the subject syllabus, using a variety of teaching strategies to engage and challenge all students and meet their needs.
Be vigilant for the appearance of welfare/conduct problems (attendance, punctuality, appearance, mood etc.) and inform the relevant PT and DOS
Hours of work: 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0207 0911 641 for an informal discussion around the post.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.