£30k - 42k per year
020 7587 5153
17 days ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a leading London day school offering education to boys and girls between the ages of 3 and 11 years’ old in single-sex classes.
An April 2020 start is desired, but September 2020 would also be considered.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking to recruit a full time (4 days a week will be considered), motivated and enthusiastic person to lead the team of learning support specialists.
This is an opportunity to work in a happy and vibrant school and manage a busy, well-resourced department which takes an active role in supporting children throughout the school.
Person Specification: SENDCo/Head of LED Department
• Has a degree level qualification and qualifications in special educational needs, for example, a diploma in SpLD level 5 / NASENCO
• Has a good understanding of current legislation, regulations and developments relating to the provision of learning support
• Is able to manage and co-ordinate a busy department
• Has experience, knowledge and passion for supporting children
• Is committed to working with parents, colleagues and other agencies in a positive, sensitive and constructive manner
• Has excellent communication skills
• Is appreciative of the school ethos and demonstrates willingness to uphold its values in attitude and modelling
• Is a competent and confident user of ICT
• Has excellent communication skills
• Enjoys working as a member of a team
• Sense of humour
• Clears all identity and DBS checks
Responsibilities and Duties of the successful postholder
• To lead and manage the learning support team, including timetabling and overseeing of ITPs and targets
• Co-ordinate and organise the learning support provision for children in the school utilising in-house and external learning support professionals
• Work one to one with children or in groups, as required, supporting areas such as phonics and maths
• Monitor the records and progress of SEN children and update the SEN register
• Liaise with outside agencies such as Educational Psychologists and Occupational Therapists or the Local Borough
• Work closely with parents of children with special educational needs providing them with necessary guidance and advice
• To attend staff meetings and contribute to the in-house training of staff and organise insets
• Update the SEND policy annually
• Ensure support is implemented appropriately and in line with the school policy
• Contribute to the updating of the EAL and Gifted and Talented policies
• Review the school’s Accessibility Policy and Plan regularly or as and when required
• To be able to understand and summarise EP assessments and discuss with staff and parents
• To ensure examination concessions are in place for children taking 8+ and 11+ external entry assessments, ESB or music board exams
• To work closely with and be able to advise class teachers of appropriate in-class support for a child with SEND.
• To work closely with the Heads, Deputy Head (Academic) and the Director of Teaching and Learning
• Displays full and active commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
• To monitor developments in the field of learning support whether that be legislation, regulation or best practice
• Oversight of the in school gifted and talented program
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0207 0911 641 for a confidential and discreet conversation around the post
We look forward to receiving your application!
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.