£15 - 25 per hour + .
about 1 year ago
A fantastic co-education Prep school, set in a parkland location is seeking to appoint a Part-time Boys' Games Coach (Monday to Thursday from 2.30pm to 4.30pm, (with additional hours on an ad-hoc basis) to join our excellent PE department in this happy and highly successful school. The right candidate will need a sports qualification either in Football, Rugby or Cricket and experience in volunteering, teaching or coaching a team. Previous experience working with children or in a school would be preferable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and lead lessons in Games (rugby, football and cricket). Some afternoons and sessions will be matches against other schools.
- To referee and umpire matches according to age group rules and to be responsible for taking both the schools pupils and the visiting school to match tea
- Prepare equipment according to the session plan
- Support staff with administrative duties (e.g. planning lessons when and where needed)
- Flexibility to additionally assist with extra-curricular activities in sport
- Accompany teachers on school trips, fixtures and events
- Any other duty required by the Head Teacher and Head of Department
Harris Hill and the clients we work with are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS, as well as other safeguarding checks.
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.