£54k - 65k per year
020 7587 5153
about 1 year ago
Harris Hill is delighted to be working on behalf of Hampstead Hill School to recruit an outstanding Head of Upper School for April, 2021 or earlier.
Hampstead Hill School is a non-selective, independent Nursery and Pre-Preparatory School for children aged 2-7+ years in the heart of
beautiful Hampstead, London. For over 70 years, the school has served the community and has attained an excellent reputation for the quality of
education and pastoral care it offers. This is a four-form entry school which comprises nearly 400 pupils.
In in its last Ofsted inspection Report, the school achieved 'Outstanding' in every category. The report noted that “pupils make substantial progress,
whatever their starting point” and “consistently excellent teaching in English and mathematics enables pupils to acquire skills and knowledge well beyond those expected for their age.”
Hampstead Hill School prides itself on its encouraging, nurturing environment and the strong family culture which permeates through every level of school life from the Principal and the Senior Management Team to pupils' daily classroom interactions. The school community is caring and positive and this contributes to the vibrant and happy atmosphere which enables pupils and staff to thrive at all levels.
As a Pre-Preparatory School, they focus on preparing every single one of their pupils, aged 2 to 7+, to fulfil their full potential. Alongside a wide and varied syllabus, the school offers a balanced and happy environment, giving children a stimulating and exciting introduction to early education, encouraging them to learn and grow. Parents have the peace of mind that their children are being loved and cared for whilst receiving an exceptional education.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and manage the Upper School, which is full of talented and energetic educational practitioners, whilst helping to shape the future of a continually developing school. The successful candidate should share the passion of the existing teachers for delivering academic excellence. They will have a track record of inspirational leadership and dedicate themselves to upholding the high-quality standards of education and pastoral care that pupils attending the school currently receive. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in building on the school's current achievements and success.
Harris Hill welcomes applications from Heads of Year, Deputy Headteachers, Phase Leaders, or strong candidates with other leadership experience.
- Successful leadership and management experience in a school (at least middle leadership level) with an excellent track record of achievement and value-added.
- At least 5 years teaching experience (Key Stage 1 experience would be essential).
- Involvement in school self-evaluation and development planning.
- Line management experience.
- Experience of contributing to staff development.
- Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to set targets and identify weaknesses.
- Understanding of high-quality teaching, and the ability to model this for others and support others to improve.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to communicate a vision and inspire others.
- Ability to build effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of KS1 curriculum and assessment procedures.
- Knowledge of 7+ assessments would be an asset, however, this is certainly not essential
For a confidential discussion and a candidate information pack, please contact Devra at: email@example.com or tel: 020 7820 7308 for further details.
Closing date for applications is 22nd November, 2020.
Harris Hill and the clients we work with are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS ,as well as other safeguarding checks.
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.