Salary commensurate with experience + Pension
020 7587 5153
9 months ago
Director of Sport Queen's Gate School
Location: South Kensington, London
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience + Pension
Queen's Gate is an independent day school for girls aged 4 to 18, offering a holistic approach to girls' education. The School founded in 1891 is rich in tradition, whilst also exuding the spirit of the 21st century. The pupil body reflects London's international diversity, a dimension which enhances and enriches the community. Located in Queen's Gate's elegant Victorian houses in the heart of Kensington, the School's setting provides a perfect location to take advantage of the resources offered by a Central London education.
The Director of Sport's primary role is to provide the ambition, drive and vision to continue the development of this outstanding department, while offering outstanding organisation and interpersonal skills. Reporting to the Principal, your responsibilities will include; the planning of the curriculum and contributing to PE teaching in both the Junior and Senior Schools, organising fixtures and extra-curricular activities along with the appropriate logistics, leading the department to inspire pupils and to promote the sport at all levels in the School. With exceptional coaching skills in a range of sports and extensive PE subject knowledge, the right candidate will lead from the front and influence the future direction of the department.
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Physical Education or similar honours degree (2:1) with relevant teaching qualification
- Have experience in successfully teaching PE throughout the age -range, including the successful delivery of examinable PE
- Have experience of departmental management and pastoral responsibilities in a similar school/college environment
- Show a passion and knowledge for the subject along with a current knowledge of educational practices.
- Have commitment to an extensive programme of extra-curricular activities, physical education trips and fixtures
- This is a unique opportunity to lead and develop and excellent PE Department and to contribute to its future strategic development.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please email Stuart Willis at Harris Hill, ideally with a copy of your CV, via email@example.com
Harris Hill and Queen's Gate are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo enhanced DBS checks and have references taken up with previous employers.
Closing date for application is 9am 17th September 2018
Harris Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all partners to share this commitment.